TIME TO GET YOUR APPLICATIONS IN FOR HERITAGE GRANTS
Applications are now open for innovative ideas to boost public access to the region’s most significant heritage places and stimulate the local economy.
Member for Tamworth Kevin Anderson welcomed the opportunity for community groups and organisations to get involved in preserving and celebrating the region’s rich heritage.
“Our region is blessed with some significant heritage sites, which connect us to our history and reminds us of the how we got here,” Mr Anderson said.
“We need to do everything we can to preserve and promote that heritage which is why I am encouraging local community groups and organisations to get their applications in soon.
“$5 million has been allocated to supporting these heritage projects and I am excited by the opportunities this significant funding could provide our community.”
Minister for Heritage James Griffin said the NSW Heritage Grants program is now in its 44th year and, for the first time ever, a $1 million matched funding grant program will be trialled.
“The $1 million matched funding grant trial is designed to protect and promote NSW heritage by incentivising owners and custodians to revitalise state heritage listed sites and bring them back to life,” Mr Griffin said.
“We want to see applications that engage communities in our rich heritage, contribute to community wellbeing, and support economic activity within local areas.
“The Heritage Grants are all about revitalising some of our most meaningful places in NSW, and preserving them for our future generations.”
The 2023-2025 NSW Heritage Grants program has six categories, including:
- The new Activating State Heritage Grant where one successful applicant will be awarded $1 million in matched funding
- Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Grants where applicants can apply for up to $80,000
- Caring for State Heritage Grants where applicants can apply for up to $150,000
- Community Heritage Grants where applicants can apply for up to $50,000
- Emergency Works Grants to help address emergency situations at state significant sites
- Local Government Heritage Grants program designed for NSW local councils.
Examples of previous grant recipients can be found here.
For more information, including guidelines and applications, visit the Heritage NSW website at www.heritage.nsw.gov.au/grants