HOSPITAL HEADLINES BIG BUDGET FOR GUNNEDAH
Member for Tamworth Kevin Anderson has welcomed the 2022/23 budget noting the significant investment in the Gunnedah Shire.
“This budget is delivering on the aspirations of the people of the Gunnedah Shire,” Mr Anderson said.
“The $53 million Gunnedah Hospital has received $5.3 million which will take the project from planning to construction in this financial year. Planning and community consultation are continuing as we move towards finalising a design.
“The new hospital will be a world class facility and I want to thank the community for continuing to provide important feedback on the redevelopment process.”
The budget also delivered on the final allocation of funding for significant projects that will drive the local economy while providing the support the community needs including:
- Rangari Road the $12 million contribution from the NSW Nationals in Government is now $15.6 million with an additional $3.3 million from the NSW Government
- Breeza Plains $1.6 million for land improvements on the Breeza Plains
- Strong funding for community projects $3.85 million for projects funded under the Stronger Country Communities Fund
- Gunnedah Aerodrome Confirmation of $1.844 million for the Gunnedah Aerodrome upgrade
- Gunnedah Shire roads $12.4 million to Gunnedah Shire Council to deliver on road projects
“This budget supports the dreams and aspirations of the people of Gunnedah.
“Targeted funding designed to grow business, create economic opportunities and improve social outcomes for Gunnedah is front and centre in this budget.
“The NSW Nationals in Government are committed to growing and supporting Gunnedah and I am thrilled to see such significant investment in the shire.”