WORTHY RECOGNITION FOR TAMWORTH AND GUNNEDAH SMALL BUSINESSES - ANDERSON
Member for Tamworth Kevin Anderson has congratulated Tamworth City Dance Academy announced today as the Regional Business of the Year, New England North West.
Mr Anderson also paid tribute to a number of businesses and people who were recognised at the awards ceremony as well.
“Businesses small, medium or large are facing some pretty serious challenges with this unprecedented drought.
“I want to congratulate all of the nominees and winners of these awards, it’s a great endorsement to receive this recognition.
“I’d also like to give a shout-out to the NSW Business Chamber who organised the event recognising not only excellence in business, but leadership, entrepreneurship, sustainability, innovation, business growth and employment practices.
“We’re in the grip of possibly the worst drought in 100 years and I know that by sticking together we can tackle this adversity.
“I will keep working hard to support our businesses in Parliament.
“We’ve seen some outstanding announcements that will help future proof Tamworth, $39 million for a pipeline from Chaffey to Dungowan, $480 million for the new Dungowan Dam.
“The NSW Government has put $26.6 million on the table for a university here in Tamworth. We’re building a foundation here in Tamworth and the region to underpin our future,” Mr Anderson concluded.
Other award winners from the region included:
• Outstanding Young Employee – Libby Campbell, Everingham Solomons (Tamworth)
• Excellence in Micro Business – GW Group (Gunnedah)
• Excellence in Small Business – Tamworth City Dance Academy (Tamworth and Quirindi)
• Excellence in Business – Obieco Industries (Tamworth)
• Start-Up Super Star – China Billy (Tamworth)
• Excellence in Innovation – AMPS Agribusiness (Tamworth)