NOMINATE A SENIOR FOR A 2015 LOCAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
Member for Tamworth Kevin Anderson is encouraging nominations for the 2015 NSW Seniors Local Achievement Awards.
Mr Anderson said that the 2015 Seniors Local Achievement Awards highlight the significant contributions older members of the Tamworth electorate make.
“I am inviting anyone who knows a senior who deserves recognition for their role in our community to nominate them for an award.
“There is enormous talent among seniors in our community and I am calling on people to nominate seniors who make a difference to our electorate,” Mr Anderson said.
The 2015 awards will celebrate seniors for their achievement in the following categories:
- Community Service - This category awards those who dedicate their efforts, time and energy towards community projects and charities.
- Business - This category celebrates active involvement in business and enterprise.
- Intergenerational Understanding - The recipient of this category may be actively involved with schools, colleges or community centres, passing on their passion for topics such as history; gardening or craft.
- Environment, Science, Agriculture - This category awards those who lead by example and are active in community projects, campaigning for the protection of wildlife or the development of rural industry.
- Health and Wellbeing - This category pays tribute to seniors who are fit and fabulous in mind, body and spirit. The recipient is active in sport and fitness.
- Lifelong Learning - This category recognises the continual pursuit for knowledge in senior years, and is for senior academics, students and those involved in the development of educational programs.
“I am looking forward to celebrating the important role seniors play in the Tamworth region during Seniors Week 2015 from Saturday 14th to Sunday 22nd March.
“The awards are an opportunity for us to show our appreciation and say thank you to these exceptional seniors,” Mr Anderson concluded.
Nominations for the 2015 NSW Seniors Week Local Achievement Awards are open from 14th January to the 27th February.
For details and nomination forms contact Mr Anderson’s office on 6766 1422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org