NSW NEEDS YOU IN A TRADE
Member for Tamworth Kevin Anderson is calling on the next generation to consider an apprenticeship or traineeship as a long-term career option and take advantage of this unprecedented period of investment in NSW.
Mr Anderson said the NSW Government is delivering the certainty and business confidence that has produced over 250,000 jobs since 2011 and slashed red tape by over $815 million.
“We have created the certainty and the confidence in industry, so what we now need is more skilled workers to meet this confidence”.
“If I was the next generation I would seriously consider a trade or traineeship - as the electricians, the carpenters and the business services are going to be areas of high demand in NSW” Mr Anderson said.
Initiatives to encourage more apprentices and trainees include:
- Investing $2.3 billion in vocation education and training, including a $122 million increase for TAFE compared to last year;
· Delivering over 450,000 places for students to become mechanics, electricians, bricklayers;
· Providing the $25 million Jobs of Tomorrow Scholarship fund to deliver 25,000 scholarships for students to complete qualifications in technology;
· Investing $48 million to create 200, 000 fee free scholarships over 4 years; and,
· Giving employers greater flexibility to choose the training organisation they want to deliver apprentices and trainees to support over 47,000 training places.