GRANTS AVAILABLE FOR LOCAL FOOTY CLUBS
Member for Tamworth Kevin Anderson today announced the NSW Footy Facilities Fund is now open for applications until 12th August 2015.
Mr Anderson said the program is a joint initiative of the National Rugby League and the NSW Government, and offers funding for projects throughout the Tamworth electorate.
“This program is an important initiative that will help fund grassroots footy clubs in our region, whether it’s Gunnedah, Tamworth, Werris creek or Barraba.
“The main objectives of the Footy Facilities Fund are to increase regular and ongoing participation opportunities in Rugby League and to improve the standard of grounds and facilities.
“By improving the grassroots infrastructure, this is also helping to strengthen our local communities and will assist in building a better region,” Mr Anderson said.
Additionally, applications can be strengthened by addressing one or more of the following:
- improving safety at sport and recreation facilities (e.g. providing safer playing field, access pathways for players, disability ramps)
- increase the security at sport and recreation facilities (e.g. installation of fencing)
- remove barriers to promote inclusion in Rugby League (e.g. upgrade of amenities to increase female participation, provision of disability access, upgrade of referee amenities)
- develop environmentally sustainable sport and recreation facilities (e.g. installation of drainage, rainwater tanks, more efficient lighting)
- building strong communities.
Mr Anderson said “The Tamworth electorate has a strong rugby league presence and I encourage all clubs in the area with a project they wish to undertake to apply for funding.”
For more information and to apply, visit www.dsr.nsw.gov.au/grants or call 13 13 02.